Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wrestling with the Internet

I've been intending to get serious about starting an online blog/forum for some time now. I'm still not there yet, but I'm getting closer. It would be so much easier if I weren't on a shoestring (shoethread?) budget. I could just pay for web hosting, hire a developer, and set the darn thing up already. But instead I have to find the cheapest way I can.

That's why I ended up spending the better part of the morning today trying to figure out how to link up a blogspot blog with an existing domain of mine so that you can read the blog on the domain without ever leaving it. I finally figured it out. And it felt good.

The next phase, then, is to figure out how to take it the other direction and redirect my domain to the blogspot blog. It will hopefully be easier, actually. But the trick will then become how to build a reasonably good and flexible website using only blog architecture. A puzzlement!

No comments:

Post a Comment